When it comes to baking polymer clay, it is best to use a dedicated oven exclusively for this purpose. Here are some things to consider when choosing an oven for polymer clay:
- Size: Choose an oven large enough to accommodate the size of your projects.
- Temperature Control: The oven must have precise temperature control to ensure that the clay is baked at the proper temperature.
- Heaters: A oven with both top and bottom heaters to keep the clay evenly baked.
- Temperature gauge: An oven thermometer can be used to double check the oven temperature and ensure accuracy
- Convection: An oven with a convection setting helps to circulate air and bake the clay more evenly.
- Dedicated Oven: It is advisable to use a dedicated oven for polymer clay, as fumes from the clay can be harmful if they come into contact with food.
Based on these features, a toaster oven or steam oven with precise temperature control and both top and bottom heating elements would be ideal for baking polymer clay.